|“||You do TV and movies to make the money and then you do theatre for the love of it. I think at this point in my life, I would pay to do theatre if that was how it worked.||”|
– Interview with Backstage West, June 25, 1998
Life and Career
Josh is an actor, known for Madam Secretary (2015), Gracepoint (2014), American Horror Story (2013), The Bourne Identity (2002), J. Edgar (2011) and Ice Age (2002). He appeared in two Sundance films in 2015, Take Me To The River and The Experimenter. Josh is also an accomplished stage actor appearing in The Real Thing (2015), Dead Accounts (2013), The Coast of Utopia (2007) and Proof (2001). He has been married to Lily Thorne since 2005. They have one child.
- Son of actor/director Dan Hamilton and actress Sandra Kingsbury. Step-son of director Theodor Timreck and actress/writer Stephanie Braxton.
- Is co-founder of The Malaparte Theater Company.
- Won an Emmy for his performance in CBS Schoolbreak Special: Abby, My Love (1991) in 1991.
- Studied theater at Brown University.
- Read the audio book "Riding the Bullet" by Stephen King.
- Has worked with Ethan Hawke in the movies Straight to One (1994), Alive (1993), Tonight at Noon (2010), and in three plays in a row -- "Hurly Burly", "The Coast Of Utopia" and "Things We Want". They were also in the Malaparte Theater Company together.
- Playing Mickey in Hurlyburly at the 37 Arts complex (450 West 37th Street, New York. [April 2005]
- Playing the role of Harold Dobbs in the Broadway production of "Proof". [October 2001]
- Tom Beyer, Jillian Armenante, Jane Carr, Kevin Jackson, Brenda Wehle, Michael Winters and he were awarded the 1998 Back Stage Garland Award for the Ensemble for "The Cider House Rules" at the Mark Taper Forum Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
- at the
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|