Ang got her start in television at a young age through the hit family series McDonald's Young Entertainers. Here, she got to show her skills at singing and dancing, much like the Mickey Mouse Club show on US television. She is best known for her role as Lori Lee in the Australian television soap opera Neighbours, in which she was a major character in 2002 – 2003, and guest-starred in 2004. Also in 2004, she auditioned for the Cho Chang role in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but in the end the role was given to Katie Leung. Before that she played Tai-San in the New Zealand post-apocalyptic drama The Tribe, present in the core cast from 1999 to 2001, and featuring in the final episodes of the 2002 series. Ang also guest starred in the final 2 episodes of Xena: Warrior Princess as Akemi. She played the role of Tracy Hong in seasons 1 and 2 of the New Zealand TV series Outrageous Fortune in 2005 and 2006.
- Graduated from Fordham University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre performance; also earned the Fordham University Excellence in Theatre Award.
- Acted in various theater productions while attending Fordham University.
- Is trained in ballet, modern and ethnic dance.
- Took six years of piano lessons.
- Parents are from Taiwan.
- Is trained as a belter and mezzo-soprano singer.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|