This season picks up five months after Hannah Baker killed herself and where the first season left off. Hannah Baker still has a major role in this season through Clay's head, where it dives deeper into Hannah's past.  However, Hannah no longer narrates the series. The witnesses in Andrew and Olivia Baker's trial against Liberty High School guide the narrative of each episode.
The second season picks up in the aftermath of Hannah's death and the start of our characters' complicated journeys toward healing and recovery. Liberty High prepares to go on trial, but someone will stop at nothing to keep the truth surrounding Hannah's death concealed. A series of ominous polaroids lead Clay and his classmates to uncover a sickening secret and a conspiracy to cover it up.
|"The First Polaroid"|
|Five months after Hannah's death, the case against Liberty goes to trial, with Tyler as the first witness. Clay finds a troubling photo in his locker.|
| "Two Girls Kissing"
|Courtney makes a brave decision. Clay's memories of Hannah drive a wedge between him and Skye. Someone trashes the yearbook office.|
|"The Drunk Slut"|
|Worried about threats against them, Alex and Clay urge Jessica to testify about Bryce. Clay enlists Tony's help to find a potential witness.|
| "The Second Polaroid"
|Clay hides a secret from his parents. Concerned about his reputation, Marcus lies in court. Jessica and Alex skip school together.|
|"The Chalk Machine"|
|Tyler and Cyrus embrace their outsider status. Alex fights to recover his lost memories. Ryan and Mrs. Baker look to Hannah's poems for clues.|
| "The Smile at the End of the Dock"
|Clay tries to figure out where the Polaroids were taken. Justin shows up at school. Zach's revelation about Hannah takes everyone by surprise.|
| "The Third Polaroid"
|Alex blows up at Bryce. Someone blackmails Marcus. Clay testifies about a night he and Hannah spent together. Jessica experiences a flashback.|
| "The Little Girl"
|When Hannah's parents come under scrutiny, Jessica reaches out to Mrs. Baker. Justin struggles to stay clean. Clay reconnects with Skye.|
|"The Missing Page"|
|Tyler goes out with Cyrus's sister. Chlöe confronts Bryce about the tapes. Jess wonders if she's ready to date again. Mr. Porter wrestles with regret.|
| "Smile, Bitches"
|Tony opens up about his past. Sheri devises a plan to get into the clubhouse. Mr. Porter tries to help Justin. Zach and Bryce butt heads.|
| "Bryce and Chloe"
|Chaos erupts at school in the aftermath of Bryce's testimony. Jessica tells Chlöe about the clubhouse. Alex's memories come rushing back.|
| "The Box of Polaroids"
|Threats against Clay and the others escalate. Tyler faces disciplinary action. Justin testifies about Bryce, putting his own future at risk.|
|One month later, Hannah's loved ones celebrate her life and find comfort in each other. Meanwhile, a brutal assault pushes one student over the edge.|
- On May 7, 2017, it was announced Netflix renewed the series for a second season. A short promo was released on the 13 Reasons Why Facebook account. 
- Filming for Season 2 began June 12, 2017. 
- Netflix added eleven new actors to the 13 Reasons Why cast. 
- According to a Netflix Press release, in preparation for the launch of Season 2, new resources will be added to the series:
- An automatic warning video will be added at the start of each season, based on the findings of a study by Northwestern University’s Center on Media and Human Development.
- In addition, Netflix has established a discussion guide at 13ReasonsWhy.info, which includes information from mental-health experts as well as the numbers and websites for crisis-prevention centers and helplines.
- For Season 2, there will be a new aftershow, Beyond the Reasons, which will feature actors, educators, and experts breaking down the themes of the episodes.
- Katherine Langford returns this season as a hallucination of Hannah in Clay's mind. In the previous season, she appeared as flashbacks.
- A special screening of the second season was held in Los Angeles on March 30th, March 31st and April 4th, 2018.
- On April 30, 2018, Netflix announced that the complete Season 2 would be released on May 18, 2018.
- On Good Morning America, there was a sneak peek that was released, especially for them, in the scene Clay is talking to Hannah as a sort of daydream in his head, she asks him if he knows her, Clay says that he thought he did, she then tells him to do the right thing.
The theme song is "Oh in This World of Dread, Carry On" by Eskmo.
Social Media Assets
Assets from the Immersive Experience
- ↑ Thrillist Entertainment—"Everything We Know About '13 Reasons Why' Season 2" (January 4, 2018)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Variety—"‘13 Reasons Why’ Season 2 Premiere Date, Trailer Revealed" (April 30, 2018)
- ↑ Deadline — "'13 Reasons Why' Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix" (May 7, 2017).
- ↑ US Weekly — "’13 Reasons Why’ Season 2: Fans Will Be ‘Surprised’ Where Clay Ends Up, Dylan Minnette Says" (August 7, 2017)
- ↑ Mashable — "What to expect from '13 Reasons Why' Season 2" (May 9, 2017)
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly — "13 Reasons Why: Exclusive first details on season 2" (May 9, 2017)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 Variety — "'13 Reasons Why' Adds Seven New Actors for Season 2"(August 8, 2017).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Deadline— "‘13 Reasons Why’: Jake Weber, Brenda Strong, Meredith Monroe & RJ Brown Join Season 2 Cast"(August 10, 2017).
- ↑ E! Online — "13 Reasons Why Renewed for Season 2" (May 7, 2017).
- ↑ MTV — "13 Reasons Why Season 2 Filming Has Begun As The Cast Tease What’s To Come" (June 14, 2017).
- ↑ Deadline — "‘13 Reasons Why’ Shuts Down Production Due To Devastating Northern California Wildfires" (October 11, 2017)
- ↑ What's on Netflix — "13 Reasons Why Season 2: Release Date, Trailers & Everything We Know" (April 30, 2018)
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Vulture—"Netflix Is Adding Warning Video Before 13 Reasons Why" (March 21, 2018)
- ↑ Daily Mail — "How to watch 13 Reasons Why Season 2 before everyone else" (March 29, 2018)
- ↑ Variety — "‘13 Reasons Why’ Season 2 Premiere Date, Trailer Revealed" (April 30, 2018)
- ↑ Good Morning America — "Behind the scenes of Netflix's '13 Reasons Why'" (May 16, 2018)